Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me A Match!
To start your new adventure in what some refer to as “Ragnar Dating,” just register your 6 Pack team for Vegas, Tennessee, or Delsol and start inviting your team members on your My Ragnar team page. Don’t worry about who has which legs as that will be finalized once you get paired with the other team and get your van assignment. What we do need to know is each of your team members’ paces. This is very important for us to pair you and figure out your start time.
- What is the registration deadline? 6 Packs can register in the same registration periods as other teams. As with other teams, the earlier you register, the lower the price AND the sooner we can match your team. Register for
or Del Sol,.
- Can we select which van we want to be? Once you register, you can tell us your van preference by filling out this form. We will do our best to honor requests but we can’t guarantee it.
- Can we make special requests like pace, gender, or other desires for the other van? Currently we are not a sophisticated dating service. We will do our best to make logical pairings but for now you’ll have to trust us to make your match. Expect that teams will be mixed gender, running for fun not speed. The surprise is part of the fun of 6-Packs!
- Can we request a start time?
- If your runner paces and leg assignments are correct, you can request your start time by 9/27 for Tennessee, 10/11 for Vegas and 12/30 for Del Sol.
- How many volunteers are needed? Each 6 Pack needs to provide 1 volunteer. As with any team type, you can pay the charity to provide a volunteer on behalf of your team. If every member of your six-person team lives beyond 100 miles of the race, your van does not need to provide a volunteer if you notify the Volunteer Coordinator for an exemption. Send volunteer questions to Volunteers@ragnarrelay.com.
- Other questions we missed? Contact Rick@RagnarRelay.com
How It Works
The sooner you register, the sooner we can start matchmaking! No later than 4-6 weeks prior to the race, you will receive an email with:
- The name and email of the captain of the other van.
- Each 6-Pack captain is responsible for communicating and coordinating with other 6-Pack captain before the event.
- A new team number. Your two original team numbers will be deleted.
- A combined team name.
- One of the 6-Pack captains will have been designated team captain.
- Only the overall captain can make changes in MyRagnar to the 12 person team.
- If you want to change the captain, you will have to notify Customer Service (1-877-88RELAY) to make the change.
- If you want to be the overall captain, fill out this form.
- Van assignments for each 6-Pack and leg assignments for each runner.
- Runners 1-6 make up van 1 and runners 7-12 make up van 2. Leg assignments have been made randomly. The 2 captains need to make final assignments and ensure paces are correct by 10/11 for Vegas, 9/27 for Tennessee, or 1/10 for Del Sol.
- Team category (men’s open, mixed masters, etc). This is based on the combined make-up of the 2 vans.